Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"And When October Comes......"

Well, I seem to be the slowest and most unproductive of this Jarvis clan! I have good intentions of blogging but....well here goes. I can't believe we've just had our first snowfall of the season and I haven't even brought in my plants....Well the deer and raccoons have been enjoying the blossoms anyway...so all is not lost. This has been quite a month already and it's only half over. One of our very dearest friends died suddenly of a heart attack and it really shocked me into thinking about my parents, my children and grandchildren and my husband. I must not let the days come and go without telling each of them how very much I love them and how they have blessed my life. The past few weeks have been especially hard ones and my family had rallied to support and help us so much. I'm sure is questionable to each of you just who is the parent and who is the child right now....It has been a rather humbling experience and I'm sure I don't get any awards for how I've handled things but please know this the Lord has watched over us and blessed us through each of you.

A special Birthday wish to Joseph, David, Nicholas, Grandmother and Kirsi. You are all so dear to me and I love you more than words can say. Joseph...our very first grandson...so handsome and smart and talented...David ...my 60th birthday gift who I know loves me...because he tells me so everytime I see him. Nicholas...our adorable 4 year old so innocent and beautiful, Great Grandmother who has loved us all so much and has been a great example of patience and longsuffering through some very difficult years and of course our oldest grandchild....Kirsi Elizabeth who will be 19 on Halloween, a bright shining star! What wonderful memories we have of each one and how blessed I am with this beautiful family.

We have been blessed with a wonderful harvest on the farm,. Thanks to all of you who helped weed, pick, protect, sell and harvest the crops. Some of you even cooked them up for us! The Lord has provided lots of great tomatoes, corn, beans, squash, eggplant and even sunflowers!

I'm really looking forward to the rest of this month....David's baptism on Halloween, Shelby's Junior Miss Pageant and hopefully seeing some football games now that the harvest is over! I love you guys...you're the BEST!

1 comment:

Mary said...

We hope you had a Happy Birthday too!!!